The Melting Pot Foundation
Currently accepting applications. Please send to brownsville|meltingpotfoundation.org
In addition to this application form, the applicant must provide:
- One letter of recommendation from a community elder who can speak to your character.
- One letter of recommendation from an educator, instructor, or employer that speaks to your style of work or participation in a group setting.
- One essay explaining why you wish to pursue a career in the culinary arts and how you would like to use your education to improve your own life and to enrich your community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an applicant to successfully perform the essential functions of this training:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Team member must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs. multiple times per day, and push a cart weighing up to 100lbs.
- Must practice proper body mechanics and use appropriate personal protective equipment to avoid injury.
The Melting Pot Foundation admits students and makes available to them its advantages, privileges and courses of study without regard to race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.